Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 59 - November 22, 2013

Anyone who knows our big girl well, knows she will only wear one pair of very worn pink shoes.  She has refused any and all pairs of shoes, sandals or boots we've offered over the past 8 months...until today.  This morning while we were out running errands, Adelyn spotted a pair of fuzzy grey boots.  She immediately grabbed them off the shelf and put her hands inside. She ran around the store like that for a while before I asked if she'd like to try them on her feet instead.  I assumed the answer would be no, but I figured it was worth a shot.  I was shocked when she agreed to give them a try.  She checked her feet out in the mirror and ran up to the cash registers.  "I guess these boots are coming home with us," I said to the cashier as I lifted Adelyn up onto the counter for the cashier to scan the price tag.  Adelyn skipped out of the store telling everyone who would listen about her new boots.  This was a huge step for our girl.  It doesn't matter that the boots she chose are 2 sizes too big, the big smile on her face when she wears them is much more important to me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment