Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 164 - June 12, 2015

I sat watching my sweet 4-year-old swim to the edge of the pool all by herself when I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I swallowed hard and quickly blinked, hoping the wind would dry my tears before they fell onto my cheeks. "I'm so proud of you, my love," I mouthed to her as she looked over, beaming with pride.

It seems that overnight, our little girl has grown up. This week, Greg and I have seen so many positive changes in Adelyn. She has been such a kind, helpful, and loving big sister. I have received so many spontaneous kisses, hugs and I love you's this week. We are so proud of the way she has been handling difficult situations. She carries herself with a maturity we haven't seen before. We pray that God will continue to shape her into a compassionate human being who loves and serves others well.

We are so very proud of you, sweetheart!


1 comments:

Mrs. Bell said...

What a beautiful post! I'm so encouraged by these words and am filled with such joy for you! God has allowed you such a wonderful role as her mommy and I'm so glad you are seeing Him growing in her!

Post a Comment