Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 305 - October 31, 2015

We were driving to a consignment sale at the beginning on the month, when I heard a little voice from the backseat say, "I want to be Dorothy for Halloween. Can I get a Dorothy costume at the sale?" I didn't want Adelyn to get her hopes up since you never know what you'll find at a consignment sale. "If there is a Dorothy costume in your size, I'll buy it for you," I replied.

We looked through the racks and my jaw dropped when we came across a Dorothy costume in perfect condition complete with ruby red slippers for only $8! What are the chances, I thought. Addy was thrilled and couldn't wait to get home and try her Halloween costume on.

"Briar, what are you going to be for Halloween?" Adelyn asked her little sister.

"I be a Mommy for Halloween," Briar responded.

"A Mummy all wrapped up in cloth or a Mommy like me?" I asked.

"A Mommy like you!" she exclaimed. My heart just melted.

"You should be Toto," Adelyn suggested.

For the next few weeks, Briar went back and forth about being a Mommy or Dorothy's dog, Toto. Since I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to pull together a Mommy costume, I decided to take the girls to another consignment sale and hoped we would find a dog costume that I could pass off as Toto.

At the sale, Adelyn eagerly watched as I searched the rack of size 2T costumes. Then she spotted it...a sparkly little Dorothy costume. She asked me to pull it down, grabbed it out if my hands and held it up to Briar's body.

"It's your size, Briar!" she exclaimed.

Briar grabbed the costume. "I gonna be Dorothy for Halloween," she said excitedly. "I need Dorothy shoes."

We made our way over to the bins full of shoes. I was shocked when I reached into the bin of size 8 shoes and pulled out a pair of sparkly red Dorothy shoes! I guess it was just meant to be.

Can't wait to go trick-or-treating with our adorable Dorothies in just a few hours!

Happy Halloween!








0 comments:

Post a Comment