Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 6 - January 6, 2016

I've been talking with Adelyn throughout the week about her upcoming surgery, but while she was at school today, I realized that I should probably tell Briar what was going on. I explained to her that Addy was going to the hospital and that the doctor was going to take away the lump on her neck and make it all better. I told her Addy would be home the same day, but might need to take it easy and just rest. Briar looked up from her coloring page and said, "Addy Grace can have my bear." "Your favorite teddy bear?" I asked. "Ya!" she exclaimed. "So she can feel better." I was stunned. My sweet 2-year-old has been carrying this little teddy bear around and sleeping with it every night since I won it for her at Greg's work Christmas party in December. Her bear was the only thing she had to bring with her on our cruise. To hear that my baby girl was willing to give her most cherished possession to her sister brought tears to my eyes. I pray that God will continue to grow her heart to think of others before herself.


1 comments:

David J. Paetkau said...

Just seeing Briar's picture, it reminded me of the wonderful times with her last summer, and just how sweet she is. To read how caring and generous she is with her sister, even if she doesn't fully understand what's going on, it warms my heart. Remind her that I love her, and to always be so kind to others!

Post a Comment