Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 7 - January 7, 2016

Tonight, for the first time in ages, Adelyn asked if she could sit on my lap while we read bedtime stories. Briar usually claims this spot and Adelyn doesn't seem to mind, but tonight, I think Addy knew that I needed to hold her. Maybe she noticed me just staring at her throughout the day or maybe it was all the hugs and kisses I gave her. At one point, she laughed as she broke through one of my hugs and said, "Too much love, Mommy." I lingered for a little longer in the girl's room tonight. I read more stories than I usually do, sang every song they requested and prayed for as long as they would listen.

Tomorrow, I will look into my little girl's big blue eyes and tell her again how much I love her. I will hug and kiss her before she is wheeled off into surgery. I will choke back tears and smile for her. I will pray every minute she is out of my sight and anxiously await the moment when I can hold her again. Tomorrow, I will be brave for her. But tonight I will cry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment