Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 277 - October 3, 2016

You may have noticed the lack of weekly fruit photos in the last couple of weeks. It's not that I have forgotten to take or post these photos. You see, at our ultrasound a few weeks ago, I was told our little girl was measuring smaller than we would expect at this point based on my estimated due date. My first thought was, "Yay! I may actually have an average size baby rather than the 9+ pound babies I'm used to pushing out."  The doctor suggested I come back in a month to measure her growth once again and see if we would need to change her due date. I had an appointment with my midwife last week and from what she read in the ultrasound report, the way my belly is measuring and how I'm looking and feeling, she's fairly confident that our initial dating was off and I'm now only 21 weeks and 3 days rather than 24 weeks and 1 day. She has calculated my new due date to be February 10th rather than January 22nd. It's a bit of a hard pill to swollen when thinking that I'm moving backwards in this pregnancy rather than forwards, but I keep reminding myself that a due date is just a date. As my two oldest girls taught me when they were both born 10 days past their due dates, babies will come when they are ready. Just as I said during their pregnancies, God's timing is perfect and I'm trusting in that.

So here we are (back) at 21 weeks. Our baby girl in the size of a 10.5 inch long pomegranate!




0 comments:

Post a Comment