Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 2 - January 2, 2017

We were stopped at a traffic light on our way to pick up our new family van. All of a sudden, I heard a loud gasp come from the back seat of the car. I turned around to see Adelyn with her hand in front of her mouth, open wide in wonder and awe.

"Wow! It's just so beautiful. God is so creative." she slowly whispered under her breath.

I looked out the windows at the scenery around us. An old run down art and furniture warehouse to our left, a rusty chain link fence to our right, railroad tracks and construction machinery in front of us. In the distance I could see some mountains on the horizon.

"What's so beautiful?" I asked. "The mountains in the distance?"

She looked over at her sister who was quietly playing with a stuffed animal and softly said, "Briar is just sooooo cute with her bunny."

I smiled and looked at Greg. The beauty was right in our car.

May this new year overflow with moments of awe and wonder for all of God's beautiful creation.





0 comments:

Post a Comment