Friday, February 17, 2017

Day 46 - February 15, 2017




"What about Ensley?" I asked Greg one September afternoon.

"I like it," he said. "It reminds me of my mother's maiden name, Enns."

That thought hadn't crossed my mind when I first came across this name, but in this moment, my thoughts drifted to all the bedtime prayers Adelyn, Briar and I had prayed for the sweet girl growing inside my belly.

"Are Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa watching over the baby until God gives her to us?" Adelyn asked me one night as we prayed.

"Yes, honey. Your great-grandparents in Heaven are definitely watching over your baby sister."

The girls and I had this conversation a lot over the course of my pregnancy.

A few weeks later, Briar and I were on our way to our second ultrasound. We left early, not knowing how much traffic we might hit. On the way there, I looked at the time and realized we'd probably be there quite early so instead of sitting in the waiting room, I decided to get off the freeway and take the scenic route through the canyon. We had never driven these roads before. Briar and I were in awe of the fall beauty around us. As we got closer to the doctor's office, I turned into a subdivision to avoid a very busy street. I was stopped at a stop sign when I looked up and saw "Ensley Ave." I immediately got out of the car, took a picture and texted it to Greg along with the message, "Around the corner from the doctor's office. I think this might be a sign."



Ensley's birth was quick and not without several moments of concern for both of us.

"You definitely had some guardian angels watching over you today," my midwife said to me once Ensley and I were laying safely in bed. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of Grandma and Grandpa Enns who I knew were smiling down from Heaven at that moment. Greg and I knew, without a doubt, that her name couldn't be more perfect.

Ensley, your name was whispered to us throughout the time that I carried you. Signs were given to us along our journey to meeting you that lead us to the name God had chosen for you. You are a miracle, little one and I am honored that God has given me the privilege of loving you forever. 
Love, Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment